Thread: 107" Harley build issues

mikestreet Guest

Default 107" Harley build issues

Hello Bruce,

Am having my 2007 Street Glide bored to 107", adding a woods 400-6 cam (650 lift), and having the heads and throttle body ported. Already has SE/AC and SERT.

Some mechanics say my ST 2:1 supermeg will be too restrictive and it won't get full power! Is it? If not, how many discs should i use to provide good torque when dynoed later?

Thank you
    Last edited by mikestreet; 02-20-2010 at 12:52 PM.

bschultz Guest

We have had positive feedback from customers with a 107" builds using 20-24 discs.
    Sounds like you already own the 2:1, what do you have to loose. If the performance does not meet your mechanics expectation, you can always change it.

mikestreet Guest

Bruce,

Yes, I bought the 2:1 supermeg back in 2007 thinking it would handle a larger build. Really don't want to have to buy another pipe unless it chokes the build!
    Could you or one of your engineers tell me how many cubic feet/minute the pipe can handle (max) with say 20-24 discs and closed end cap? That will end the discussion with some simple calculations.

Thank you,

Mikestreet

bschultz Guest

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS STATED IN AVERAGE FLOW. EACH MUFFLER ASSEMBLY/DISC COMBINATION IS SUBJECT TO PRODUCTION TOLERANCES, VARIATION IN DISC INSTALLATION, AND DIFFERENCES IN TEST EQUIPMENT AND TEST CONDITIONS. ALL OF THESE FACTORS CAN AFFECT FLOW RESULTS.
    Typically each 4" disc is worth about 10cfm when using a closed end cap. The flow rate of the SuperTrapp SuperMeg with 14 discs and a closed end cap is 190cfm. This rate would increase by 10cfm for each additional disc. (15 discs = 200cfm, 16 discs = 210cfm, etc..) This muffler reaches maximum flow with 25 discs at 300cfm. After 25 discs you will need to drop back to 12 discs and an OPEN end cap. This configuration will take you back to a flow of about 290cfm. With the open end cap the flow increase drops to about 5cfm per disc and total muffler flow is maximized with 18 discs at 325cfm. Not that we would ever recommend running without discs but this muffler assembly without discs exceeds our flow benches capabilities at 400cfm.
    **************The Headpipe out flows the muffler****************
    Last edited by bschultz; 02-23-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: verbage

mikestreet Guest

Thanks, Bruce .. this should do it!