Thread: SE or Megaphone slip ons

geezerglide Guest

Default SE or Megaphone slip ons

I have a 2004 FLHTCUI.Plan is to go with a Ness Big Sucker,Wild Things FI Controller, and slip ons.I want more torque(it's a bagger).Would I be better off with the SE series slip ons or the tunable megaphones?A deep rumble is what i'm after,but not loud.Thanks for any input.
    Dave

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by geezerglide View Post
    I have a 2004 FLHTCUI.Plan is to go with a Ness Big Sucker,Wild Things FI Controller, and slip ons.I want more torque(it's a bagger).Would I be better off with the SE series slip ons or the tunable megaphones?A deep rumble is what i'm after,but not loud.Thanks for any input.
    Dave
    I don't think you can go wrong with either. Style/looks usually play a determing factor.

Take a look at the article in HotBike Baggers for test results on the SE's...
    http://www.supertrapp.com/images/pdfs/Shootout.pdf

The benefit the Megaphones have to offer is "tuning" capability, controlling the exhaust flow by adding or removing discs.

geezerglide Guest

The sound quality and volume are both important to me.Does one of the choices have a deeper sound?Can the tunable s/o's be tuned as quiet as the SE's ? Can either be used without an FI remap?Are there dyno charts comparing the two?

ginap Guest

I have attached a dyno chart for our SE Series Slip-Ons as well as a dyno chart for the SuperTrapp 2 into 1 SuperMegs. Hopefully these will shed some light on your inquiry.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by geezerglide View Post
    The sound quality and volume are both important to me.Does one of the choices have a deeper sound?Can the tunable s/o's be tuned as quiet as the SE's ? Can either be used without an FI remap?Are there dyno charts comparing the two?
    By running less discs you can come close to the DB level of the SE's. Both offer a deep throaty sound, however are unique in there own way. Both pipes can bolt up to a stock machine with out a FI remap.

chromesideup Guest

Have owned the megaphones for six years. First on an 01 electra glide and currently on a 04 FLHRS. These pipes look great and they constantly get cudos for the sound. Not too loud at 6:15 in the am going to work but they bark when you get on them. Highly recommend the product

bschultz Guest

Thanks for the positive fedback =)

geezerglide Guest

Santa brought me the SE Slipons and turn down end caps.After more research I decided on a Doherty Power PACC and a Rev Tech FI controller(same as the Wild Things).I'll let you know how I like this combo when the snow melts.Thanks for the info.

geezerglide Guest

Default Good Day

When the snow melted and it got nice out(for a day),I had to put on the SE Slipons.
    This is what a Harley is supposed to sound like.Sounds like a big motor.I would not want it any louder,but it's a bagger after all.Definately not too quiet,but it shouldn't drown out the tunes.I had the radio off,though,so I could hear that sweet sound.
    Thanks for the great product,
    Dave