Thread: Couple questions

thekoopa Guest

Default Couple questions

I just bought a car (98 volvo s70 t5) and it has a supertrapp exhaust installed. I really love the sound of the exhaust but does having a supertrapp exhaust on a turbo car hurt it at all? Do I lose performance? I currently have all of the plates in and haven't taken them off yet. Would it be best to run it with the plates or without? Thanks for your help!

bschultz Guest

Forced air induction applications typically require more discs (up to twice as many) than a normally aspirated machine. You can run a simple experiment; remove the disc assembly and put the car through its paces. If it seems to have better performance, then your exhaust is being restricted and you need to add more discs.

thekoopa Guest

So let me get this straight. If I take all of the discs out and it runs better then I need to add more discs? How does that work?

bschultz Guest

Take a look at the FAQ's at the website;

http://www.supertrapp.com/resource/faqs.asp

inter-car Guest

i hv volvo s70 year 98, n/a engine without turbo
    it's 5cyl-20 valve, and 2500cc displacement

what kind of supertrapp suitable mine, and what should i do with my original exhaust system to fit in the supertrapp?

bschultz Guest

Any of the Automotive Universals should work as long as you use one with an inlet at least the size of the pipe you are putting it on. The original exhaust does not need to be modified (except for possibly the attaching point) since all SuperTrapps are "end of the pipe" applications.
    I would look at the S/C Series.

inter-car Guest

one more thing, is supertrapp can be use for modified engine only

mine is full standard factory setting, just love the supertrapp sound

bschultz Guest

Our products can be used on stock or modified machines.