Thread: Which Supertrapp to replace Propipe?

rmd Guest

Default Which Supertrapp to replace Propipe?

Hi;
    Here is my bike specs:
    08 FLHT, 103", Woods TW408-44 cam, 10.5:1 pistons, PCV with autotune, V&H air cleaner, V&H propipe BP.
    And here is my problem:
    After adding autotune module to my bike it started to feel like misfiring during 2500 to 3000 rpm with %5 to%15 throttle in all gears. After following Jamie's suggestions from Fuel Moto nothing changed. Jamie thinks that "reversion in my exhaust pipe causing the issue". Because of that I quit using autotune for now and want to change my pipe. Which exhaust or slip on muffler would be the best choice with autotune? I am using open end cap at my 96 Fatboy and also want to use it on my FLHT too.

bschultz Guest

We have not done any testing with your fuel management system; however I don't think you could go wrong with a set of FatShot slip-ons.

rmd Guest

Thanks for the fast reply. I will buy the Fat shot slip-ons. Do you recommend true dual headpipes also? What are the advantages or disadvantages of true duals and factory headpipes? Which will be the best choice? My setup is strong but I don't want to loose too much power at the lower rpm's.

bschultz Guest

Our testing indicates that the stock OEM crossover pipes act alot like a 2:1 and out perform true duals in most streetable applications.

rmd Guest

Is it same for pre 09 bikes that doesnt have 2:1:2 exhaust?

bschultz Guest

Yes...........