Thread: Best performance for 08DX

BeelzeKnut Guest

Talking Best performance for 08DX

Hi guys. Have used SuperTrapp before, and am considering it for my new 2008 HD Night Rod Special.

I like the looks of your fatshot mufflers, but I am also looking for the best performance. I am planning on taking out the filterbox and remapping fuel as necessary, which system would you recommend?

If I have to choose between top end HP and midrange torque, I'll go for the torque, allthough I'd be more than happy to take both

Am also happy to take any advice as to which remapping unit to use; dobeck, SERT, PCIII or whatever else.

Looking forward to hearing which combo you have found to be most successful, including number of discs and so on. From what I have read on the forum so far, it makes sense to go with fewer discs and an open end cap for fuel-modded 08DX's, to get them a bit louder. Am I right, or did I misunderstand something?

Thanks!
    Last edited by BeelzeKnut; 11-05-2007 at 06:03 AM.

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeKnut View Post
    Hi guys. Have used SuperTrapp before, and am considering it for my new 2008 HD Night Rod Special.

I like the looks of your fatshot mufflers, but I am also looking for the best performance. I am planning on taking out the filterbox and remapping fuel as necessary, which system would you recommend?

If I have to choose between top end HP and midrange torque, I'll go for the torque, allthough I'd be more than happy to take both

Am also happy to take any advice as to which remapping unit to use; dobeck, SERT, PCIII or whatever else.

Looking forward to hearing which combo you have found to be most successful, including number of discs and so on. From what I have read on the forum so far, it makes sense to go with fewer discs and an open end cap for fuel-modded 08DX's, to get them a bit louder. Am I right, or did I misunderstand something?

Thanks!
    We did not do any testing with after market Fuel management systems on the DX model. The Night Rod motor has a lot of potential. Our suggestion would be to find an experianced tuner, that knows how to make it scream.
    The Fat Shots come with 12 discs each. With what you have planned we would recommend ordering another 12 pack of discs or the Open end-caps.
    The Open end-caps will flow equal to 10 discs and give you more sound.