Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fatshot vs. Kerker

bschultz Guest

If you are running the "open" end-cap(s) and are looking for less sound...replace the "open" end-cap with a closed end cap and add 10 discs to obtain the same exhaust flow (tune).

gkriske Guest

10 discs on each side or 10 total?

I presume then I would not need to retune?

Thanks again

bschultz Guest

Per side, no retune should be needed.

Gary D Guest

So the only difference running fatshotz with an open end cap and 10 discs vs a closed end cap with 20 discs is sound?
    Gary D.

bschultz Guest

Correct. .

baggermanmcp Guest

Default 09 flhx

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    You are correct; however keep in mind the HD FatShotZ were introduced for the 2010 models to provide maximum flow/sound with a catalyst equipped headpipe.
    Our testing and feedback from tuners with a mildly modified pre-2010 touring models, equipped with an OEM headpipe, found the best performance with no more than 12-14 discs (w/closed end-cap).
    bschultz,
    I've been running my fatshots with 14 and 12 on 07 103 w/255 cams. I'm jumping to FLHX 2009 with 103 and 255 cams again. Do you still recommend the same 10 - 14 with less on the left side? Isnt the 2009 header unique between the 2008 and 2010 since it's a 2 into 1 into 2 with no catalyst since I'm using fatshots. Help me out! My plan is to transfer the fatshots to the the 09.
    Thanks!!!

bschultz Guest

You are correct that the '09 header is unique. Basically the same collector design as the '10-11; however missing the catayst. This design promotes more exhaust flow out the left side than the crossover on the earlier models and can be treated with an equal number of discs on both sides.