Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fatshot vs. Kerker

jbrickley Guest

Default Fatshot vs. Kerker

Hi, Recently ordered 2010 Ultra, and have a delivery date in Dec. Would like to install module, air filter and pipes before I leave the dealer. I'm basically looking for low to mid-range boost. HP gain for both Kerker & Fatshots seems about equal, same with torgue, give or take a pound. So the difference seems to be the tuning ability of Fatshots. However, at 3dB over stock, I'm afraid I'll fall asleep while riding the thing! Kerker aside, perhaps Sceamin Eagle Fatshotz would be a compromise?

Sounds like you have done your homework; however the HD Screaming Eagle FatShotZ will provide the most sound right out of the box, due to the open end caps.

warwick Guest

1. I wonder how the SE Fatshots are able to meet EPA dB level with the standard open endcap?

2. It's my understanding that SE version of Fatshots is NOT tunable as compared with the tunable ST version w/ closed endcap. Is that right?

Warwick

Quote Originally Posted by warwick View Post
    1. I wonder how the SE Fatshots are able to meet EPA dB level with the standard open endcap?
    OEM headpipe w/catalyst.

2. It's my understanding that SE version of Fatshots is NOT tunable as compared with the tunable ST version w/ closed endcap. Is that right?
    You can addd and remove discs and swap out end caps (open vs closed) with either version. The HD SE version however would require the use of a special tool to remove the hexhead security screws.

Warwick

Gary D Guest

I would like to put those screamin eagle fat shotz on my 09 HD Road Glide. Would it be ok to do so with that open end cap? It seems the open end cap is there to allow more sound out of the 2010's with the catalyst. My 09 is totally stock and is going to stay that way, no fuel management or air filter. Do you think that open end cap would cause popping on decel. or lean it out any more than it already is?
    Thanks!
    Gary D.

We found the "closed loop" fuel injection on the newer models to be very accomodating with most of the pipes we offer. Meaning the O2 sensors sends info to the ECM which sends info to the injectors the info to keep the A/F ratio within the parameters of the OEM ECM settings. The 4" open end cap flows for 10-12 discs, so if you removed 10 discs and the closed end cap and replaced it with the open end cap, you would be at the same exhaust flow.

Gary D Guest

Ouch, I'm more confused than before. If I removed 10 discs and the closed end cap, it would flow as much as an open end cap with no discs? The screamin eagle fat shotz come with 10 discs each and the open end cap?
    Is it safe to take the screamin eagle fat shotz with the open end cap right out of the box and install them on my stock 09? Or is the open end cap designed just for the 2010?
    Thanks again!
    Gary D.
    Last edited by Gary D; 11-10-2009 at 08:42 PM.

My bad, I was thinking SuperTrapp FatShots, which come with a closed end cap. Back to the previous answer regarding "closed loop" fuel injection, it shouldn't be a problem. The open end cap was intended to maximize sound on the 2010 models due to low volume caused by the catalyst in the headpipe.

warwick Guest

So using SuperTrapp Fatshots with 10 discs + closed end cap on a 2010 SG w/ cat would be too restrictive?

Warwick

No; however they will be quieter than the SE FatShotZ with the open end cap.