PDA

View Full Version : Supermeg on Dyna Fatbob

DeuceBG
10-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi

I have a 2009 FXDF with SERT fueler, SE Heavy Breather intake and a new Supermeg 2 into 1 which I have fitted once and then removed due to vibration at about 80 mph.

Firstly,

How many discs would you suggest with the open end cap to maximise low to mid-range torque?

Secondly

What would you suggest is the cause of the vibration?

I was previously running V&H Shortshots with std baffles so the SERT setting is is as per that set-up.

Many thanks
Deuce

bschultz
10-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi

I have a 2009 FXDF with SERT fueler, SE Heavy Breather intake and a new Supermeg 2 into 1 which I have fitted once and then removed due to vibration at about 80 mph.

Firstly,

How many discs would you suggest with the open end cap to maximise low to mid-range torque? 6-8 discs

Secondly

What would you suggest is the cause of the vibration? How many discs and what end cap? Is the vibration apparent only with the 2:1 installed?

I was previously running V&H Shortshots with std baffles so the SERT setting is is as per that set-up.

Many thanks
Deuce

DeuceBG
10-15-2009, 09:38 AM

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply.

I fitted 16 discs and an open cap, thinking along the lines of "More discs = more sound and more torque".

The vibration is only with the 2 into 1.
The ride is as smooth as silk across the range with the Shorties on.
As smooth as an "A" series HD motor gets at least.

DeuceBG
10-16-2009, 03:16 AM

So, any ideas regarding the vibration?
All help very gratefully received.

Deuce

bschultz
10-16-2009, 08:27 AM
The tune (SERT fuel map) for straight thru dual drag pipes is most likely not compatible with the characteristics and flow of the 2:1. So a retune is in order with fewer discs.
More discs = more flow, more sound and potentially more high end HP
Less discs = less flow, less sound and potentially more low end torque

Another consideration if the vibration persists; are you using the front "P" clamp mount position? Some of the newer OEM pipes eliminated the front mount point.

NYTPYR8
01-26-2010, 08:18 AM
I have a 09 FatBob which sounds much the same config as yours and was running VH Big Radius. Only thing big there was the dead spot between 4200 & 4500rpm.
I put on the SuperMeg 2:1 installed all the discs 24 I believe as well as the cap. went from 87/79 to 93/80 and no dead spots. awesome performance with no vibration, other than HD. Pure acceleration and power especially in the 3500 - 4200 range.
I am in Denver too. NO H2O or AIR!!!