PDA

View Full Version : Trying to identify exhaust for replacement parts

Trav
10-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi, I picked up a supertrapp on ebay for a friend. We are doing a budget cafe racer (is there any other kind?) with his 2002 Sportster and were stoked to score a supertrapp. Having mentioned the application, it might be easy to guess which pipe it is, but I'm not sure of the exact terminology or, for that matter, the part number.

It's like a 2:1 "SuperMeg" but is swept up in the back. The baffle is cracked at one of the six retaining disc retaining bolts, so as there is no material there (and the bolt is subsequently missing).

I am thinking the 827/828 replacement baffle kit should work, but I am merely guessing.

this is the pipe (this is NOT his bike, sadly)

http://hogbitz.com/shop/images/Black%20cafe.JPG

We also need to get a clamp for where the pipe slips together.. I haven't measured the diameter :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

bschultz
10-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Contact our Customer Service Department during business hours, 8am-5pm est with the part numbers from the muffler body AND headpipe. You should find a part number on the the back of the welded on bracket of the muffler body. The headpipe part number will be stamped at the end of the collector, you may need to pull back the megaphone (muffler) to see the whole number. The muffler body will start with the pre-fix 027-XXXX and the head pipe with 050-XXXX. We will need the last 4 numbers to identify your specific pipe and assist you with your needs.