PDA

View Full Version : 1985 honda vf700f full exhaust

vf700fguilba
09-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi,

I have a '85 vf700f with an aftermarket exhaust that was Kerker originally.

I have searched every link i can find to find a replacement exhaust system, but can't find a listing for that bike that year.

Do you have availability, or can a set be custom made, i would need two 2into1 systems with the k series slipons.

Can you help?

kz550
09-28-2009, 11:14 PM
I think their answer will be no, they don't sell the full system anymore. If all you need are the exhaust mufflers, you can do what several of us have done and purchase a universal. Otherwise, here's what I found doing a quick search:

1) 04/04/09 - BSHULTZ (http://forums.supertrapp.com/showthread.php?t=262&highlight=vf700) - "Years ago we offered a 4:1 Kerker K-Series system P/N 128-30753 for the '82-86 VF700/750."

2) Try this guy, (buyer beware): 05/17/09
VF700/750/500 Supertrapp Cans - Brand new (http://vfrworld.com/forums/general-vfr-discussions/23094-vf700-750-500-supertrapp-cans-brand-new.html)
I have two Supertrapp cans (brand spankin' new) Just got them, had the brackets professionally welded on even, and lo and behold... I have serious car repairs!! Okay, the wife told me not to do it. Said to save for a rainy day...and I didn't listen. Anyways, I bought for 350 will sell for 250 (firm). NEVER USED.
Two Universal alum cans, 4", 1.5 inch inlet, 8 disc
SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust
Should be able to get a muffler shop to make the mid-pipe for ya! Let me know. Alex alex5160@yahoo.com

3) Search Google and eBay Motors for VF700 Kerker or VF700 Supertrapp

bschultz
09-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks KZ550, the information referenced is correct. Other good sources are Craigslist, VF forums and the many motorcycle boneyards across the nation (around the world). Sometimes timing and persistence are the big key. Good luck.

vf700fguilba
10-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Thank you both for the help.

I've actually been searching for a few years for the pipes at all the commomn sites, the cans are still workable and easy to find, but not the exhaust. Funney cause the pipes are the same as the ones shown on the bike they used for the Clymer repair manual, so I thought there would be a bunch of these sitting in someones wharehouse or garage. My understanding is that these were once commonly raced. Ive just about redid every part on the bike over the last two years and am almost ready to fire it up again (just in time for winter!).

I wouldn't mind exploring the option of having them made up if the company or any other maker still had the program or forms in their archives so i figured go to the maker direct..

Was it Kerker that made the pipes, I havent been able to confirm that either, but i assume so?

Thanks again, safe riding,
and remember racing is for the track. :cool:

bschultz
10-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Yes it was Kerker, however the product was discontinued in '02. When a product is dicontinued the tooling/welding fixtures are distroyed to make room for new fixtures. I'm sure there is someone out there that would build you a custom pipe, for the right price. We do not do custom work.