PDA

View Full Version : screamin eagle fat shots

roadglide man
09-18-2009, 11:47 PM
I have a 09 Harley Roadglide. The bike has a stage 1 download and high flow air filter set up. New from harley stock on the 110 cvo roadglide. Air filter system that is. I ran that for 5000 miles and bought the new SE Fatshots. The bike ran great for about 2 weeks and noticed it got louder. I suspect it burned off some of the packing. I removed the security screw that prevents ya from tweaking. Discovered 1 side had 11 discs and the other had 10. Checked and they were both supposed to have 10 per HD. My question is th e Harley version the same as the super trapp. Is the stamping on the pipe the only difference. I know notice the bike likes to surge below 3000 rpm. Tried removing discs. Got down to 7. Dont get me wrong when I grab a hand full of throttle it moves out. My complaint is it runs ruff and wants to surge when I try to maintane a cruising speed. Mostly at slower speeds. The speeds we spend most of the time doing 30 to 40. I would like to find a happy medium. Maybe I need a turner. Hope not . Wanted to stay simple. Help me please.

bschultz
09-21-2009, 08:53 AM
The dimensions of the mufflers and the internals (core/packing) are essentially the same; however there are subtle differences with the end cap assembly. It would be unusual for the muffler packing to burn off and cause the mufflers to become louder in just two weeks unless the bikes exhaust was running excessivly hot. Have you pulled the cores to look at the packing? The mufflers are fixed, the flow rate will be consitent and it is highly unlikely the cause of surging.

roadglide man
09-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Thx. Not sure if I will tear apart. 90 day exchange if I decide to. May elect to get new ones as these came as a little mystery with 1 to many discs. Makes me suspect quality. The screws on the discs came loose and tight all over. Which prompted me to check into this. I have 9 discs in each and will torque per spec. Hopefully there are no damaged discs. But the bike does feel as though it needs a fuel management system at times. The bike runs spuratic at times. Never the same. Odd. Didnt do this with the stock pipes. I will make a few changes and let ya know. I have had supertrapps in the past and loved them. But that was with a carb. Anyway thanks for the advice.

Roadglide man

bschultz
09-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Try putting the stock pipes back on to see if your symptoms clear up.