PDA

View Full Version : rotary engine

james323
09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi guys, I have a 2.5inch inlet. 4inch diameter supertrapp muffler, and im looking to keep my car which has a 12a rotary engine quite. Does anyone have any advice or warnings bout using this muffler on my car. or even suggestion on number of discs. Thanks

bschultz
09-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Our experiance with SuperTrapp products and rotary engines is limited to feedback from our customers (some have not been success stories). The high exhaust temps generated with a rotory can dispense of the fiberglass packing rather quickly reducing its sound absorption characteristics. The back pressure requirements of the rotary and the reciprocating engine also differ (even within different rotory models) generally requiring more and turbo models can require twice as many discs to accomodate the exhaust flow generated. You are going to be experimenting, make sure you use anti-sieze on the disc screws EVERY time you add or remove discs. Purchase an extra 12 pack of discs. Start out with the number of discs that came with the muffler (base line) and add (increase flow)/remove (increase back pressure) 2 discs at a time to obtain the best performance. Good luck.
http://www.racingbeat.com/Tech/Tech.Exhaust.1.htm