PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 2:1 SuperMeg System

GAstreetglide
09-15-2009, 08:55 AM
I ride a 07 Street Glide with the following modifications: SE A/C, Rush True Dual head pipes, Vance & Hines Slip-on Ovals, SEPRT, Oil Cooler, IDS, SE Big Twin Compensator, SE Pro Twin Cam 103+ Cylinder Heads and Stroker forged Pistons for “103+” Cylinder Heads, and Head-Quarters Hurricane HQ-TC-500-HC cams. The bike runs really well from about 3000 rpms up but is not as strong as I would like in the lower rpms (obvious cause is the big heads, large valves, and true dual exhaust system). In the next couple of months I plan to replace the stock 46MM throttle body with the SE Pro 50MM throttle body. I also plan to replace the true dual head pipes and dual mufflers with a 2 into 1 system and I am leaning toward the SuperTrapp 2:1 SuperMeg system. My goal is to get a system that is tunable so I can move the torque range more to the left (lower rpm range) but not loose too much torque and HP on the top end and get the exhaust sound level to something more tolerable. Now for my questions: Will this exhaust system help me to achieve my goals? With my build should I use the open or closed end cap? How many spacers should I start out with on the open end cap and closed end cap? Thanks in advance for any and all input and comments.

jwells
09-15-2009, 09:28 AM
The SuperMeg would be perfect.

As far as discs; closed cap, start with 18.
Open cap, 9.

This should give you good torque curves.

GAstreetglide
09-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the information. Which end cap (open or closed) will give me the deepest exhaust tone or is that more a function of the number of discs?

jwells
09-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Being a practical guy myself, I would suggest getting the pipe first and trying the closed cap that comes with it before buying anything extra.

Both set ups will provide a pretty low-deep tone.

GAstreetglide
09-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the information.