PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Indian Scout Stock Exhaust

ricksza
09-02-2009, 09:38 PM
I ordered and just installed the stock core and packing but have a new problem. With the new core in the muffler, the stock tips can't be installed. Is there a different stock core needed to use the original tips?

bschultz
09-03-2009, 07:36 AM
What is preventing you from installing the stock end caps? Is the core assembly pushed into the muffler body as far as it will go and seated in the inlet? There are two holes in the bottom of the muffler. The one closest to the exit end of the pipe is used for the cosmetic end-cap. The other hole, nearest the inlet end is used to secure the core assembly in the muffler body.

ricksza
09-03-2009, 05:30 PM
What is preventing you from installing the stock end caps? Is the core assembly pushed into the muffler body as far as it will go and seated in the inlet? There are two holes in the bottom of the muffler. The one closest to the exit end of the pipe is used for the cosmetic end-cap. The other hole, nearest the inlet end is used to secure the core assembly in the muffler body.

Yes, I am a dummy and you are smart. I didn't see the second screw hole, so I didn't push the core in all the way. Now the end caps fit right on.

Thanks

bschultz
09-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, it's a common question, I've answered the issue many times =)