PDA

View Full Version : Supermeg 2:1 Back fire

kmcauley
08-24-2009, 04:10 PM
After installing Supermeg 2:1 and a Vance & Hines Fuelpak I'm experiencing a great deal of back firing on deceleration. The Harley dealer that did the install and set up of the Fuelpak says this is normal and they loaded the latest and correct tuning from V&H so I am at a lose. Any ideas as to whether this is normal or what to do would be appreciated.
________
Black ****ing (http://www.****tube.com/categories/297/****ing/videos/1)

bschultz
08-25-2009, 08:07 AM
We have not tested the V&H FuelPak with our pipes. The "Harley" forums may be a better source of feedback/experience with your combination.

kruser
09-10-2009, 11:06 PM
After installing Supermeg 2:1 and a Vance & Hines Fuelpak I'm experiencing a great deal of back firing on deceleration. The Harley dealer that did the install and set up of the Fuelpak says this is normal and they loaded the latest and correct tuning from V&H so I am at a lose. Any ideas as to whether this is normal or what to do would be appreciated.

Backfire usually means one of two things:

1. Exhaust leak someplace
2. Running too lean.

Check the connections to make sure you don't have a leak and maybe increase the fuel a bit for zero throttle position. Not sure how that's done on Fuel Pack but other fuel mgmt systems have this capability.