PDA

View Full Version : Kerker 2 into 1 supermegs 128-71453

palmeris
08-15-2009, 02:04 PM
The 128-71453 is installed on my 04 FLHR. I presume that the inner baffel is packed and that it is now time to repack as I have a nasty cricket chirp emitting in the exhaust note.

UPDATE: Ok I got the muffler off the header pipes by undoing the clamp and bolts. I took off the back bolt and the baffle wouldnt budge so I soaked the inside down with PB blaster, let it set a bit and a couple of wacks and it popped right out. There was very little packing material, it was all stuufed up in between the end cone, only covered about the 1st inch of the baffle. Looks like the baffle is braaised to the end cone and ndoes not come apart.

Can anyone tell me how to repack it ? What type of material should I use and where do I get it? How much of the baffle should be wrapped?

jwells
08-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Sounds like it was a little worn?
You can get packing from our webstore.
You will completely wrap the core, from the end cap forward, it will be just shy of the end of the core.

palmeris
08-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Thank you for the response.
A little worn....more like my hairline,:eek: vanished!!!

So is this what I should buy http://store.supertrapp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_7&products_id=43

jwells
08-24-2009, 12:03 PM
You got it.

That should help quiet that thing down and sound like it should.

Your hairline, can't help ya there.

palmeris
09-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the help, that solved my chirp sound and toned the bike down from deafning to obnoxious:D

jwells
09-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Good to hear