PDA

View Full Version : bolt size on Supermeg

Roadside
08-09-2009, 08:27 AM
My dealer just installed a set of Supermeg 2:1 on my 08 FLHT and with the Harley Stage 1 download and the SE hi flow air cleaner and I saw on your forum you recommended less discs for more low end torque.So I tried removing 2 disks and one bolt head snapped off,also it was very difficult lining up the disks and inserting the bolts with smooth action. my question is what are the bolt dimensions and thread size to replace the broken one and is there a trick to have the bolts run thru the disks easily to get the proper torque on them.

hugger
08-09-2009, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=Roadside;3422]My dealer just installed a set of Supermeg 2:1 on my 08 FLHT and with the Harley Stage 1 download and the SE hi flow air cleaner and I saw on your forum you recommended less discs for more low end torque.So I tried removing 2 disks and one bolt head snapped off,also it was very difficult lining up the disks and inserting the bolts with smooth action. my question is what are the bolt dimensions and thread size to replace the broken one and is there a trick to have the bolts run thru the disks easily to get the proper torque on them.[/QUOTE

Thanks for purchasing a SuperTrapp, what happened may have been because there was no high temperature anti seize put on the bolts originally. So be sure to use it liberally when you put the discs back on.
Some guys have filed the inside of the holes to smooth them out, you might try that.
The screws are Stainless Steel 10-24 and 2.5" long. Shoot me off an email with your phone # and I will call you to discuss this with you.
hugger@supertrapp.com