PDA

View Full Version : Honda Shadow VT1100C Spirit?

dwmitchell61
08-06-2009, 10:04 PM
1100cc...
I would like to set it up with two Universal Megaphone mufflers.

3" or 4" is one question. 3" may be an easier fit. Not sure about how much flow for an 1100cc V-twin engine.

ANyone ever trodden down this path? I am assuming a custom mount and adapters from headpipes to mufflers will be needed.

hugger
08-09-2009, 11:01 PM
1100cc...
I would like to set it up with two Universal Megaphone mufflers.

3" or 4" is one question. 3" may be an easier fit. Not sure about how much flow for an 1100cc V-twin engine.

ANyone ever trodden down this path? I am assuming a custom mount and adapters from headpipes to mufflers will be needed.

If you are considering the SuperTrapp stainless steel megaphone it only comes as a 4" disc system, in either a 2" or 1.75" id inlet.

No matter which SuperTrapp you purchase, to get the best performance and fit you will need to use the 4" discs SuperTrapps!

dwmitchell61
08-11-2009, 05:31 PM
If you are considering the SuperTrapp stainless steel megaphone it only comes as a 4" disc system, in either a 2" or 1.75" id inlet.

No matter which SuperTrapp you purchase, to get the best performance and fit you will need to use the 4" discs SuperTrapps!

I think that is correct. I had a Yamaha SR500 that was White Brothered to 536cc with 11:00 compression and WB-1 camshaft, and it destroyed the White Brothers Performance SuperTrapp muffler. The muffler body sheet metal would stress crack around the bolt hole for the baffle core and blow the baffle out.