PDA

View Full Version : I must be getting old... too loud!

ckabee1
08-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey, I recently upgraded the exhaust on my 86 Porsche 928 to an X-pipe and a rear muffler by-pass. The performance gains are staggering, but I'm not real happy with the noise level.

I was looking at your disk inserts part #507-3000. I don't want to change the tail pipes, as I like the way they look and I frankly do not want to crawl back under the car and F with the exhaust, so the mufferless disk system is what I am interested in. I do not need performance gains (but will not turn them down), just looking to take the edge off the sound.

My question - how much will they quiet things down? My ears are still ringing from a spirited drive in the mountains!

Thanks.

Chris

hugger
08-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Hey, I recently upgraded the exhaust on my 86 Porsche 928 to an X-pipe and a rear muffler by-pass. The performance gains are staggering, but I'm not real happy with the noise level.

I was looking at your disk inserts part #507-3000. I don't want to change the tail pipes, as I like the way they look and I frankly do not want to crawl back under the car and F with the exhaust, so the mufferless disk system is what I am interested in. I do not need performance gains (but will not turn them down), just looking to take the edge off the sound.

My question - how much will they quiet things down? My ears are still ringing from a spirited drive in the mountains!

Thanks.

Chris

Hi Chris, 1st of all the part # that you are looking at is only a replacement part for the disc only system. You will need to use one of the 5" disc only kits and the part # will be determined by the inlet that you need. Part # 544-3003 is the disc only kit with a 3"id. It comes with 12 discs and the adaptor and the screws. It will quiet it down approximately 4-6 db depending on how many discs you use. The 5" units will flow to 400 hp which means you can use less discs to keep it quiet but have enough flow to maintain your power.
If you have additional questions email me and I will be able to send you some info that will additionally help you. hugger@supertrapp.com