PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Mtn Frontier

pjfischer7761
07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
I need some information on the correct number of discs for my H-D 103b screaming eagle motor it has the supertrapp supermeg direct from the Thunder Mountain factory with 14 discs and an end cap. I have the screaming eagle breather with a K&N filter. The frontier model is like a Street Glide with a 18" 280m.m. tire / wheel combination. I am going to install a vance and hines fuelpack and would like more power and sound. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It currently has the stage one h-d download.

hugger
07-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I need some information on the correct number of discs for my H-D 103b screaming eagle motor it has the supertrapp supermeg direct from the Thunder Mountain factory with 14 discs and an end cap. I have the screaming eagle breather with a K&N filter. The frontier model is like a Street Glide with a 18" 280m.m. tire / wheel combination. I am going to install a vance and hines fuelpack and would like more power and sound. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It currently has the stage one h-d download.

Hi there, first you need to know that the muffler you have currently has restriction built into the core so that ThunderMtn could pass the EPA regulations for sound. You can add more discs to the current setup but nothing is going to change.

If you want you can purchase thru SuperTrapp a performance core, part # 100-7093, US$59.00, which will be straight thru and all flow will be controlled by the discs used. With the new core you could go up to 18-20 discs.

If you decide you want to make the purchase please email me at hugger@supertrapp.com

Regards, Gerry