PDA

View Full Version : Titan mounting?

BillG1
07-24-2009, 10:08 PM
I have a 1999 Titan Gecko RM.
It has the OEM 2:1 ST QC System, PN 878-71492.

I've put 4500 miles on the unit, and the header has completely cracked at both tubes where they enter the collector.

The mounting system for the muffler consists of a strap from the muffler that goes to a rubber bushing in the frame. This doesn't seem to work very well (obviously).

Is there a mounting kit available that would support the muffler from the transmission?

(BTW, I have a new header on order from the Service Dept. so I'd like to improve the mounting to avoid a repeat...)

thanks for any help you can offer.
bill

hugger
07-27-2009, 02:46 PM
I have a 1999 Titan Gecko RM.
It has the OEM 2:1 ST QC System, PN 878-71492.

I've put 4500 miles on the unit, and the header has completely cracked at both tubes where they enter the collector.

The mounting system for the muffler consists of a strap from the muffler that goes to a rubber bushing in the frame. This doesn't seem to work very well (obviously).

Is there a mounting kit available that would support the muffler from the transmission?

(BTW, I have a new header on order from the Service Dept. so I'd like to improve the mounting to avoid a repeat...)

thanks for any help you can offer.
bill

Hi Bill, before we go anywhere I would like you to give me a part # off of the head pipe. The part # 050-???? is stamped on the collector of the head pipe under the muffler inlet, so you will have to move the muffler out of the way. You mention that you have a new headpipe on order, who did you order it from?
If you want please email me at hugger@supertrapp.com and I will continue to assist you! Thanks, Gerry