PDA

View Full Version : SuperMeg 2:1 (Ceramic Black) for Street Bob

AlexB
07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Hello. I have just received a new Supermeg 2:1 system (in black) for my 2008 FXDB Street Bob. It looks really well made.

Any thoughts on my questions would be gratefully received :

Is there any specific handling/running instructions for running the engine once the new system is fitted ? I believe that black finishes should be gently "warmed in" to ensure the heating process on first running is a gently one ?

What would be good practices for managing small scuffs and minor scratches that will inevitably occur in day to day use ? (especially in UK weather !)

I have a Stage 1, V&H Fuelpack and V&H Shortshots currently fitted. I am really a regular street rider (no racing or extreme needs). What would be sensible disk set up for the bike as a start point ?

Many thanks in advance.

Alex

jwells
07-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Start with 17, be sure to use liberal amounts of the supplied anti seize on the threads and do not overtighten.
Follow the instructions carefully, the dyna is specific about proper installation to still access the oil filler.
After installation, wipe it down, mild soap and water are the best for the black. Get all your dirty fingerprints and oils off before starting the bike.
Run it and let it cool once and it's good.
Any scratches that come with age and use, a high temp spray paint can be used to touch it up-barqeque paint works well also.

AlexB
07-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Many thanks JW.

jwells
07-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Thank you.