View Full Version : 1973 Jolly Rodger

06-28-2009, 10:54 PM
:cool:Ok,this is a jet boat with a 351w in it,im sure its not stock,but who knows,i got it used.Anyway,it's extremely loud,there is a open exhaust thruogh the back of the boat(transom),i have a lip that sticks out about 1.75" and is 3"o.d.,what will quiet this down? i was considdering 544-3003,it says there are adapters for them? I am confused and dont want to buy more than i need to. Any help will be greatly appreciated,as the law on the water near me says its $180.00 fine for noise,and 180 every day you dont fix it. Totally rediculas,but whatever rite... Thank you. :)

06-30-2009, 10:15 AM
544-3003 is the assembly that goes onto a 3" pipe, it is a weld on application unless you can figure how else to mount it. They are also carbon steel and will rust.
Additionally, it is not a muffler, only discs. It will knock a TINY bit off the peak db, but don't expect it to be a big difference.
Sounds more like you need a complete muffler, I would suggest looking at our universal mufflers or contact the boat manufacturer.

07-01-2009, 12:31 AM
they dont make these boats anymore,that bites. i dont want to spend the 350 its gonna take for each side,thanks for the advice tho. guess my hunt continues!:)

07-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Good luck with it.