PDA

View Full Version : just put fatshots on my 08 Night Rod

donholl
06-19-2009, 04:46 PM
I installed the Fatshots with 8 discs as per the instructions. Overall I am happy with the tone and power but was kind of hoping for a little louder especially at idle. Will bumping to 10 discs make a real noticeable difference in volume at idle. After a 20 minute ride the discs are dark brown/black and no popping. Is it necessary to pull the plugs to get the real picture of rich/lean or can I move to 10 discs based on the colour of the discs. Also I noticed your dyno graph was done with 8 discs does moving to 10 rob power or does that vary based on altitiude on individual machine (I am in Ottawa Canada not sure of the altitude here).

Thanks for your help.

jwells
06-19-2009, 05:12 PM
If your getting corbon build up/soot after a short ride like that, go to 10, if your looking for some more sound go to 12, make sure your not overitightening the discs also.
For grins, while your messing with it, start the bike with them off completely, check it out, see for yourself the difference.
Best results were with 12, it's personal preference though.

donholl
06-20-2009, 04:18 PM
thanks for the advice, I will try 10 discs tomorrow, Does 12 discs require any sort of re-mapping, I am still running with the stock air filter/intake setup

pbar34
03-25-2011, 05:33 PM
If your getting corbon build up/soot after a short ride like that, go to 10, if your looking for some more sound go to 12, make sure your not overitightening the discs also.
For grins, while your messing with it, start the bike with them off completely, check it out, see for yourself the difference.
Best results were with 12, it's personal preference though.

I love the sound of the Fatshots on my '09 DX without any discs or end plate. Can I run it like this without a custom map? I have the stock air filter. When I just put the decorative outer cap on (the cap that holds the screws) with no end cap or disks, I don't have any decel popping. I'm probably loosing a bunch of torque but the bike is so much faster than what I am used to with my old twin cam that I don't think I'll notice...

The cans are way too quiet when you are coming from a twin cam Harley with custom exhaust.

Thank you!

Phil

bschultz
03-28-2011, 07:08 AM
As long as the machine is not running lean and you're happy with the performance ... go ride.