PDA

View Full Version : Screamin Eagle

bradval
06-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I have a 2005 FLHTCUI with Stage 1 and Stage 2 big bore and Screamin E intake. The mufflers are, I think, HD SE also. HD Part # 65254-00A stamped on them. It has been re maped by local dealer.
The bike runs great and pulls strong but the gas mileage is in the 35 mpg range.
I had a 2004 Road Glide that got 45 - 50 mpg with Rush 2.5 and 36 mpg with stock mufflers. Could this be the same problem? If so will your SE cores fit my mufflers and how do mine compare to your SE's

Thank You

jwells
06-19-2009, 07:53 AM
35 is not very good, if your not hammering on it?
How do the plugs look? dark? wet? if you swipe your finger along the inside of the muffler core, is it real dark, moist, sooty? That would be an indicator that it is running extremely rich.

Will our cores fit your mufflers? No idea, we dont' check that.

Our SE mufflers would work very well on that bike though.
Even better maybe would be our new 'Fat Shot' Slip-ons, they are a 2" straight thru core with the 4" tunable discs, they flow ALOT and are quiet and tunable.

bradval
06-19-2009, 10:11 AM
35 is not very good, if your not hammering on it?
How do the plugs look? dark? wet? if you swipe your finger along the inside of the muffler core, is it real dark, moist, sooty? That would be an indicator that it is running extremely rich.

Will our cores fit your mufflers? No idea, we dont' check that.

Our SE mufflers would work very well on that bike though.
Even better maybe would be our new 'Fat Shot' Slip-ons, they are a 2" straight thru core with the 4" tunable discs, they flow ALOT and are quiet and tunable.
The plug tips are dark grey and the base has soot. The pipes have black soot.

I thought my pipes might be the same as your se.

jwells
06-19-2009, 10:15 AM
You might take a look at the NGK spark plugs website, they have some very useful information on reading plugs and what to look for.

bradval
06-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks, I will try those fat shots also

jwells
06-19-2009, 01:22 PM
That even better!
Get 'em on and go ride that thing.