PDA

View Full Version : Mean Mothers question.

DynamiteBuzz
06-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi all. I'm looking at exhaust systems for my '08 dyna lowrider and I'm seriously considering the Mean Mothers. I'm well aware that a 2-1 will give me better performance but I like the look of the 2-2 and I'm not convinced that the extra performance I'll get with a 2-1 will make that much of a difference for me. So I guess you can say I'm set on 2-2.

What I'd like to know about the Mean Mothers is...

1. How's the quality compared to other competing exhaust systems?

2. How do they sound? I don't need to shatter windows as I ride by but I like a little sound to them. Deeper is better than cackling for me.

3. How's the chrome quality? I hear that some (I think Rhinehart) has a problem with discoloration.

Everyone seems to have Vance & Hines Big Shots or Big Radius on their bikes. I don't see many Mean Mothers though. It would be nice to have something different if the quality were the same or better.

Any experiences, knowledge or suggestions you share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jwells
06-08-2009, 03:20 PM
1. How's the quality compared to other competing exhaust systems?
I think ours are a much nicer product than others available.

2. How do they sound? I don't need to shatter windows as I ride by but I like a little sound to them. Deeper is better than cackling for me. The Mean Mothers are known for a very deep, authoritative growl. They will make a stock motor sound like a bad-a__ hot rod.

3. How's the chrome quality? I hear that some (I think Rhinehart) has a problem with discoloration.
Chrome does discolor with high heat, Mean Mothers however are a Stainless Steel headpipe that is covered with the chrome heat shields, blueing is not a concern.

Everyone seems to have Vance & Hines Big Shots or Big Radius on their bikes. I don't see many Mean Mothers though. It would be nice to have something different if the quality were the same or better.
We don't advertise as mush as some...but, Again I think the Mean Mothers are better quality than most out on the market today, V&H makes great product-I think ours is better.

Any experiences, knowledge or suggestions you share would be greatly appreciated.
They work extremely well, buy em, go ride and you'll be happy.

DynamiteBuzz
06-08-2009, 04:02 PM
thanks jwells. Since you are affiliated with Supertrapp I feel comfortable picking your brain a little more. I like the way my stock exhaust is laid out. In other words, I like the rear pipe coming down diagonally under the battery cover, then out rather than angled toward the front of the bike before it loops back around to the rear. See pics. Is it possible to get it the way I want it? Also, what do you suggest I do along with changing the exhaust to get the most out of it?

Thanks again.

jwells
06-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Did you look at our website?
http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/detail.asp?CatID=1&ItemID=138-72590
These are shown in chrome with the optional slash cut end caps.

As far as other modifications; more air in, more performance oriented fueling/control unit; Twin Tech, ThunderMax, the new Accel unit, PC?

DynamiteBuzz
06-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks jwell. I did see the website....just wasn't sure if the photo was exactly how it would be on my bike. I've been looking into this for a couple of months now. I knew Supertrapp had a good rep and made some serious 2-1's but wasn't sure about the 2-2's. I'm sold. I'll be buying the Mean Mothers at the end of this month. :D

jwells
06-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Right on, go ride it and have fun!