PDA

View Full Version : core question...

The Student
05-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi guys...
I am curious as to wether or not there is a way to determine exactly which core I have in my collector..I am running a 2:1 kerker that was a take off from a 113 evo...I modified the front head pipe to make it fit my sportster but I would like it to be a little more restrictive...large torque loss between 2-3k rpm--any suggestions?

hugger
06-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi guys...
I am curious as to wether or not there is a way to determine exactly which core I have in my collector..I am running a 2:1 kerker that was a take off from a 113 evo...I modified the front head pipe to make it fit my sportster but I would like it to be a little more restrictive...large torque loss between 2-3k rpm--any suggestions?

The core that is in your muffler (megaphone) is the standard core that goes in all of our Kerker 2:1 systems. It has a 2.5" perforated tube and that is why you are running lean. You will need to tune your sportster to the exhaust as I do not have a smaller core to fit those mufflers. Getting more back pressure is going to be in the tuning of your fuel and air. If you have additional questions you can email me at: hugger@supertrapp.com