PDA

View Full Version : 3" internal disc mufflers

dabreeze54
05-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm running 3" internal discs with true dual headers on 95" Road King, aftermarket cams and fuel management system. I started with 18 discs each side and to make it run well it has to be rich(poor mileage). I do have closed end caps. Tried open and too loud. Is 18 too open for my setup? Will running less(how many?) allow me too lean it out and keep performance? Sounds good with 18. Any advice would truly be appreciated! Thanks!

jwells
05-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Running fewer discs will make it richer, not leaner.

Your question is not very clear?
If it's running optimum with the fuel settings you are at now, with 18 discs, then that is where it should be? A properly running bike usually gets pretty decent mileage?
You say you like the sound now, with 18.
You say it's running rich now?
Then lean the fuel out to tune it properly.

dabreeze54
05-27-2009, 07:47 AM
I guess what I'm trying to say is what can I do to improve my fuel mileage? I got 27mpg on the interstate this weekend. I was bucking the wind and riding double and running 80. Maybe I'm asking too much. I tried leaning out the fuel but lost power and ran rough. I know you can't have it all, but just trying to get a bit better mpg. Thanks again!

jwells
05-27-2009, 07:52 AM
27's not that great? But, 80 mph, headwind, loaded, ? Your better than a Goldwing?