PDA

View Full Version : SuperTrapp 2:1

ripley217
05-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi there. I have a 2006 Screamin Eagle Fatboy and bought a new Screamin Eagle 2:1 High performance exhaust that had been left over from a dealer. I bought it from a liquidator that specializes in motorcycle parts. My local shop parts guy had been helping me select a new pipe because my Thunderheader was just too loud to not get ticketed. He suggested buying the Screamin Eagle because it was made by Supertrapp and has the 20 four inch discs to tune the pipe. It seems to be the same as the Supertrapp2:1 SuperMegs just with different heat shields with Screamin Eagle stamped on them. My problem is that 4 of the 6 retaining screws for the discs have detatched from the core. Can I repair them or do I have to replace the core? Is the replacement core the same as the SuperMeg? How do I get the core out? I tried to remove it without success and did not want to cause damage, so I am waiting for tech help

jwells
05-20-2009, 11:45 AM
First remove the muffler from the bike/head pipe.
There is a set/locking screw on the side of the muffler body, remove that.
Using a broom handle or similar, gently tap the core out from the inlet end. It will slide out the back.
From there you can see how they are attached if you want to try and repair or you can puchase a new core; the part number is; 100-7093, they are 59.00.

ripley217
05-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks, there are 2 set screws on the pipe, and I tried removing them and tapping out the core. It didn't move and I didn't want to cause damage so I stopped. I had read that there might be a rivet to drill out. So it sounds like I just need to be more agressive when tapping it out??

jwells
05-20-2009, 02:27 PM
maybe soaking it with a penetrating oil such as PB Blaster, that will help to usually.