PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Racing Series - Triumph Speed Triple

jAW
05-11-2009, 03:24 AM
Hi all,

I have a Triumph Speed Triple 955i -03 with the Universal Aluminum Racing Series mounted. The exhaust is the 1.75" ID, 1.75" core using an open end cap (4 discs in mostly for looks). The bike is mapped for an open system, backfires are rare and the end cap has turned slightly golden so I guess the flow is ok for the engine.

All good so far, now for the question. If I were to go back to a closed end cap, what number of discs should I start with for this bike to get the correct flow? The idea is to have it as optimized as possible but with the possibility to remove a couple of discs for certain times when noice levels need to be kept down.

I do not have access to a dyno or tuneboy atm so I would like to keep the engine settings as they are. The exhaust is delivered with 8 discs but I will purchase more as long as I know how many I need.

Thanks
jAW

jwells
05-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Sounds like you've got it running pretty good, the stainless open end cap will turn a golden hue with heat. The open end cap is equivelent to 8-9 discs-try adding 9 and see how it runs. Remember to use liberal amounts of anti-seize on the screw threads.

jAW
05-12-2009, 01:25 AM
I will do some testing this weekend and see how it works out.

Thank you.

jwells
05-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Your welcome.
Good luck with it.