PDA

View Full Version : can i fit a 2 into1 super meg

kiwidave
05-05-2009, 04:48 PM
hi have 09 road king classic can i fit a 2 into 1 supermeg without changing the computer. i have an oxygen sensor in the std exhaust

hugger
05-07-2009, 07:55 AM
hi have 09 road king classic can i fit a 2 into 1 supermeg without changing the computer. i have an oxygen sensor in the std exhaust

Hi Dave, yes you can use SuperTrapp SuperMeg 2:1, part # 828-71578 (chrome) or 827-71578 (black) and as long as you leave everything stock you will be able to tune the SuperTrapp to you bike and with the trapp and your closed loop system everything will work without changing the computer. You will see an increase in power along with better throttle response and a nice deep throaty sound.

vnamvet
05-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Hi Dave, yes you can use SuperTrapp SuperMeg 2:1, part # 828-71578 (chrome) or 827-71578 (black) and as long as you leave everything stock you will be able to tune the SuperTrapp to you bike and with the trapp and your closed loop system everything will work without changing the computer. You will see an increase in power along with better throttle response and a nice deep throaty sound.

I am contemplating the same pipe on my new 2009 FLHTCU. I would like to add a SE High Flow airfilter. If I take out 4 discs, do you think this setup would be rich enough or would it need additional tuning (SE Race Tuner)?

H-D also offers a calibration download which compensates for the added air intake from the SE filter, by "telling' the ECM to add more fuel. I think that the AF ratio would be "pretty close" to 14.2:1 for normal use don't you think?

Thanks,

Craig

jwells
05-11-2009, 07:14 AM
The 2:1 works great on that bike.
You say 'remove 4 discs', remove 4 from what?

That bike with the SE air filter and download (or withouth also), start with 16-18 and go from there if you feel you want a little more noise (add discs) or a little less (remove).

Go Ride!