PDA

View Full Version : Kerker Slipon Harley 09 V Twin Ultra

tommyj
04-20-2009, 08:40 PM
I have a pair of 3.5" Kerker Slipons for a Harley V-Twin tourer that were handed down to me. The chrome is in good shape and they look good. However, when I pulled the baffles out, the packing is badly deteriorated and soaked with fuel/oil residue/rust. My question (s) is: will it hurt the mufflers or the bike to run them without the packing? Also, does Supertrapp sell packing for this slipon? I'd like to find a couple used slant end caps for sale as well. Thanks

hugger
04-21-2009, 08:23 AM
I have a pair of 3.5" Kerker Slipons for a Harley V-Twin tourer that were handed down to me. The chrome is in good shape and they look good. However, when I pulled the baffles out, the packing is badly deteriorated and soaked with fuel/oil residue/rust. My question (s) is: will it hurt the mufflers or the bike to run them without the packing? Also, does Supertrapp sell packing for this slipon? I'd like to find a couple used slant end caps for sale as well. Thanks

With fresh new packing you can gain 2HP and with burned out packing you will suffer a drastic loss in low end response. You can purchase the packing thru SuperTrapp at our online store. If you have the core that is about 20" long you will need 2 bags for each muffler, part # 400-4020, you will wrap the first bag around the 1st part of the perforated tube and then with masking tape, tape the top middle and bottom to hold in place do the next half of the perforated tube and repeat the process, then slide the core back into the muffler body.

Also you can go to the website and look under accessories for the endcaps for the Kerker slipons. The Kerker endcaps all start with 108-????.

If you have additional questions you can email me at hugger@supertrapp.com
Gerry