PDA

View Full Version : Supertrapp Supermegs on my 95"

crazy canuck
04-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I have a 2005 Deuce with a Head-Quarters 95" S/T kit. Ported heads, 10.5 to 1 compression, DTT ignition with HQ map, 575 cams, Mikuki 42mm carb, Doherty powerpacc with vents and the 2:1 supermegs. I started at 92hp with 102 tq with 20 discs on my first dyno pull. Now I'm up to 23 discs and I've got 97hp with 106tq. My question is: what is the max number of discs I could go up to on my supermegs? Should I just keep adding discs till the numbers start to go down. Btw, I'm using an end cap to keep the noise down a little and am planning on leaving it in no matter what. I'm trying to keep the db's down as much as possible. Thanks in advance.

jwells
04-20-2009, 08:48 AM
With a closed end cap, once you get to 24, you are starting to outflow the core itself. Those are pretty good numbers.
With an open end cap, you are effectively tuing the length of the core now.
Flow wise, the open end cap is equivalent to about 8-9 discs. Effectively, you could take that many out and still be flowing the same amount. But like I said, you are effecting the length of the core now. We've seen similar number from less discs-16-18 w/closed end cap also? It's a matter of tuning and perticular setup-many, many variations. Bottom line, tune it to work best for what you want out of it, and go ride.

crazy canuck
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Sorry Jwells, I don't quite get what you mean by outflowing the core itself or affecting the lenght of the core. Do you mean sound wise?

hugger
04-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Sorry Jwells, I don't quite get what you mean by outflowing the core itself or affecting the lenght of the core. Do you mean sound wise?

Jeff is out of the office for a bit so here goes! He is not referencing this info regarding sound. Just flow of the exhaust gases!

What he is trying to say is that at some point (generally about 24 discs) you are then running straight thru, like a drag pipe. So you can add a couple more discs and see what you get but if the #'s go down you then need to go back where you were and stay there. Too many discs and you will start running too lean and you will lose backpressure and bottom end performance. When I'm tuning a add or subtract 2 discs at a time.

Hope this helps! Gerry