PDA

View Full Version : Disc only kits questions..........

Budd
04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Motor is a slighly modified Buick Grand National turbo V6 - currently running an open 2.5" downpipe. I need to quiet it down a bit.

How is the 4" kit for 2.5" mounted? Is it a butt joint - is it opened so the downpipe will slip into it for a weld - or vice versa?

I want to order it with the correct muffler clamp so later on I can run a full exhaust if I wanted to.

Is the 4" big enough for my application? How many discs would you recommend using and how much quiter should it make it?

TIA.

bubuche
04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
my name is eric and i have a sporster 1200s sporty with andrew n8 cam flowbench head

super e carb and screamin eagle 6800 rpm my exhauxt is a megaphone force product but its no good for 3000rpm

i decide to cut this for to sleep a supertrapp sc standard megaphone

my question is how many disc is for me

thank sorry for my bad english
eric

jwells
04-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Motor is a slighly modified Buick Grand National turbo V6 - currently running an open 2.5" downpipe. I need to quiet it down a bit.

How is the 4" kit for 2.5" mounted? Is it a butt joint - is it opened so the downpipe will slip into it for a weld - or vice versa?

I want to order it with the correct muffler clamp so later on I can run a full exhaust if I wanted to.

Is the 4" big enough for my application? How many discs would you recommend using and how much quiter should it make it?

TIA.
If it is a 'Disc Only' they will clamp on in the 4", they are made to slip-over the existing 2.5" pipe.
If it were mine, I would just do either 2 of the 4" or 5" complete mufflers and be done with it. The 4 are rated at up to 250 HP each, the 5 are 400 each-same with the Disc only models.

jwells
04-20-2009, 08:54 AM
my name is eric and i have a sporster 1200s sporty with andrew n8 cam flowbench head

super e carb and screamin eagle 6800 rpm my exhauxt is a megaphone force product but its no good for 3000rpm

i decide to cut this for to sleep a supertrapp sc standard megaphone

my question is how many disc is for me

thank sorry for my bad english

eric

I don't know what muffler you have? The SC Standard in a 4" or 5"?
I would be guessing as that is not something we would have tested. On our 2:1 for the Sportster, I would suggest starting with 18 disc and go from there.

bubuche
04-20-2009, 01:09 PM
i have the sc standard 4"
why the 5" is more best than 4"?

thanks
eric

bubuche
04-21-2009, 03:32 PM
what is the flow difference between disk 3" and disk 4"?

thanks

eric

hugger
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
what is the flow difference between disk 3" and disk 4"?

thanks

eric

The 3" disc unit will flow to a maximum of 100 horsepower, the 4" discs to 250horsepower.

We use the 4" discs on all our product for the Sportsters.

The 4" is going to have more silencing qualities but allow the exhaust to flow and create horsepower. I would not recommend the 3" discs for your bike.