PDA

View Full Version : I want ungodly loud!!!

maineack bob
04-14-2009, 01:03 PM
i have a ids2 race core with all 18 plates in, on my 03 klx 300r and its just not cutting it for me its nowhere near how loud i want it to be i want it almost as laud as with no muffler at all only minus the crackeling... ive considdered the open end cap but how much louder will that make it? id go with another brand name that was maby louder but i love the look of the supertrapp with the end cap removed and 18 plates in it sounded pretty good and when i tool all the plates and end cap out it was too crackely... i guess im just asking if the open end cap will satisfy my high db needs?

jwells
04-14-2009, 01:10 PM
The open cap might do a little, but it would be very little over all 18 discs. It is used more as a tool for tuning the exhaust.
If you sole intent is to have something loud, you are probably better off with a different brand of muffler. Sorry.

maineack bob
04-14-2009, 01:14 PM
is there any other brand of muffler you would reccomend? i have looked at others and they all seem to stick out too far in the back

jwells
04-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Sorry, nothing comes to mind.

maineack bob
04-14-2009, 02:28 PM
alright thqanks anyways man... im goign to have to setle with this one now anyways i cant really affort going out and buying another pipe, plus i dont think theres many out there that can beat the look of the ids2 imo...

kz550
04-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Honestly!! If you want big sound, acoustically, that's gonna require moving more air than 300cc.

I too wish that my 899cc Kawi sounded like Honda's 3.5 liter V10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVIyiOgCVZ8). :eek: I've witnessed this motor up close at full song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnTcoLbidI4&feature=channel_page). The acoustic vibration would disrupted your video camera. Good luck defying physics.

maineack bob
04-15-2009, 08:13 AM
alright maby not ungodly loud but i want to get it as loud as i poassible can... taking the muffler off is loud enouugh for me but i want to leave something on there... the first half of my ids2 is like a ressonator anyways so if i just stick that on with no tuning plates it should satisfy me... problem is then im loosign my low end power so i guess i cant have my cake and eat it too

kz550
04-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Sure you can, but will the open can provide spark arresting?
Try shimming your jet needle up 0.25mm to 0.5mm by adding a washer. If you don't have something this thin I understand that Radio Shack has nylon washers that fit carbs...but are designed for electronics.

http://www.zxforums.com/gallery/data/540/medium/cvr-d40w03.jpg

That will richen your mid-range circuit enough to compensate.

maineack bob
04-15-2009, 10:37 AM
i dowbt it will provide spark arresting but that shouldnt be a big deal i ride on closed circut track 90% of the time... i think i already have the shim in the bike that came with the dynoport jet kit, the kit also came with a tad bit bigger of a main jet i guess ill just try it out and see how my plug is burning and adjust from there anf if i dont have that shim in ill be sure to take your advice and try it...now that i think about it i think my needle has the adjustible settings on it via circlip...

kz550
04-15-2009, 10:59 AM
You got it! :cool: The washer thingy is for stock jet needles. For you, if you say that she's lean without the cap at low revs, move the jet needle clip down one notch. That has the same affect, but will move the needle up by probably 1mm. Ehhh, you should be okay still.