PDA

View Full Version : stock headers vs true duels

Skinny
04-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Just got my SE Slip-Ons installed on '08 Road Glide. Installed a Dobeck Fuel Management System and SE Air Cleaner. Like the deep Throaty sound and definetely feel the extra pep around 3000 rpm. Was thinking about installing your "true duel" header from Supertrapp, but have read so much about loosing some torque (low end) when going to a true duel system. Would like to get rid of "Y" pipe in back, but don't want to sacrifice power.

Please advise.

Thank You

Skinny

jwells
04-14-2009, 08:07 AM
That motor does like having the cross over, it helps to smoove out the exhasut flow. Technically, the true duals will loose a slight amount of bottom end. Is it enough that most people even notice? Debatable? Bottom line, if you like the sound they make, with the individual pulses, and you like the looks-buy them, put them on, be happy and just go ride!

Skinny
04-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks.

I'm assuming the only way to get the most performance out of the 96 ci without spending an arm & leg, would be to go with a 2-1 system?

hugger
04-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks.

I'm assuming the only way to get the most performance out of the 96 ci without spending an arm & leg, would be to go with a 2-1 system?

That is correct. A 2:1 will always give you the best performance.