PDA

View Full Version : 1984 kz1100r

fuet227
04-09-2009, 06:34 PM
I have a kerker system but my exhaust can needs replacing. Could you suggest a replacement that would fit on my 2.5 inch header pipe ? I know you have discontinued the system for my bike but you must have a slip on or exhaust muffler that would fit with or without a converter pipe. (My current K2 has a 2.5 inch inlet diameter.) I'm desperate here. please help.

Thanks

Gary

jwells
04-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Take a look on the can itself, there will be a partnumber on it (either by themount bracket or the inlet-under the clamp area) we may still have it, otherwise there are a few options with the 'Universal' application mufflers.
Look for that number and email to; sales@supertrapp.com

Thanks!

fuet227
04-10-2009, 10:45 AM
I can't seem to find a number anywhere on the can. There used to be a sticker by the mounting bracket but has since fallen off. No number on the inlet either. All it says on the metal tag is KERKER SYSTEM K2. I believe the old sticker indicated the exhaust was not for street use and only to be used for closed circuit racing. Hope this leads you in the right direction.

Thanks alot for the quick response, good customer service these days is a pleasant surprise.

Thanks again

Gary

jwells
04-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Is it off the bike? There should be some sort of making on it?
Take a picture of it? a few pictures and email them; sales@supertrapp.com
We can try and ID it and see what we have.

fuet227
04-12-2009, 06:37 PM
I took some pictures and sent them to the email address you had attached earlier. Hopefully you can find a match for me. I really love the sound of the KERKER systems and have always had them on my bikes. I would hate to have to go with another brand or original exhaust, if I could find either one.
Let me know how you make out. I'm sure you'll be able to sort me out.

Thanks

Gary

jwells
04-13-2009, 08:06 AM
I'll watch for you email Gary.
Thanks.