PDA

View Full Version : looking for new pipes again

busdriver
04-06-2009, 05:04 PM
HELLO:

I have a 2006 FLHTC Classic and would like make a good decision on exhaust. I now have Sampson rolled thunder slip-ons, power commander and stage 1 air cleaner. Maybe it's impossible but I would like to put a new system on that sounds great on the road but doesn't rock the neighbors house. I was thinking about true duals, really like the one piece heatshield on Reinhart's but have heard a lot of good things about Supertrapp.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Jack:confused:

jwells
04-07-2009, 09:58 AM
We make a set of true dual for your bike, they are new, part number is; 168-71574-they are 399.

Muffler wise, we have a few options-here's the main ones;
Fat Shot Slip-ons brand new, adjustable disc based tunable.
SE Slip-Ons-quiet, deeper rumble than stock, great bottom/midsold without end cap
Kerker Slip-Ons-moderate very deep rumble, great mid/upper sold without end cap
Both the SE and Kerker use the same body, and the same interchangeable end caps. These are under 400 for the muffler + end cap (40-165 each for end cap).

busdriver
04-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Appreciate response on true duals and mufflers. Will have to look into the disc base tunable. Never heard about it and not sure they replace Power commander or there's a map for these.

jwells
04-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Your welcome.
Not sure what you mean by 'replace power commander'? No muffler is going to replace that? The tunable muffler just means you have the ability to adjust sound/flow.