PDA

View Full Version : options for making supertrapp SE a little louder

sinjin
04-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I just installed a set of Supertrapp SE Slipons on my 2005 Roadking Classic. I am running Rush true dual exhaust and fishtail tips on my bike. I love the look of the mufflers and tips and the deep sound but is there any option of making them a little louder??? Thanks.

jwells
04-06-2009, 10:08 AM
The SE mufflers are one of our 'quiet' mufflers, you could change the cores and use the 'Kerker' version, louder, a little more on top.

sinjin
04-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Which Kerker do you recommend the K3 or Mikuni. What is the Decible difference between the stock Supertrapp SE, the SE with K3, and SE with Mikuni baffles. Is the sound still a deep rumble with the kerker baffles??

jwells
04-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Standard Kerker is a nice deep sounding muffler that can still be quiet when the volume control connected to your wrist is utilized. You can still cruise and hear the radio.
The Mik baffler is bordering on obnoxious.

sinjin
04-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Ok, so I ordered a set of Kerker baffles. What is best way to remove the Supertrapp canister baffles. I removed the 3 screws and endcaps and the baffle doesn't seem to want to budge. Do I need to remove the muffler and pound it out from the header side with something???

jwells
04-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Yes, take them off it will be easier. Use a wodden down, or end of a broom handle? They wont' come out easily, especially if they have been run a while, be patient. If they don't come out after some gentle persuasion use some sort of penetrating oil, PB Blaster or similar and let it soak overnight and try again.
Clean them well and put the new cores in, and go ride.

hekkies
04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi,

I Also have the SE slipons (128-65115) and want to make them louder. From this topic learnen that I can put in a Kerker or a Mikuni. Are these the part numbers 100-7580 for the kerker and 100-7857 for the Mikuni?

And how much Db extra are these?

Is it also possible to remove the core, strip the sound absorbing material en insert just the core? and what will be the affect on the sound and performance?

Thanx from Holland

Hekkie

Seminolebagger
04-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey Sinjin,

IF you haven't bought those kerker baffles yet, I have a set of kerker baffles that I might be willing to trade with you. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Tim

jwells
04-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Hi,

I Also have the SE slipons (128-65115) and want to make them louder. From this topic learnen that I can put in a Kerker or a Mikuni. Are these the part numbers 100-7580 for the kerker and 100-7857 for the Mikuni?

And how much Db extra are these?

Is it also possible to remove the core, strip the sound absorbing material en insert just the core? and what will be the affect on the sound and performance?

Thanx from Holland

Hekkie

You have the correct part numbers. Per an independent test, sound was ranked as;
SE Slip-ons 94.5
The Kerker slip-ons 98

The Mik cores have not been tested but would fall in the 100+ range. They are loud.

Sound is subjective, personally the Kerkers are a great middle of the road option. Quiet when you want to be, but can be opened and they sound great. The Mik cores to me are just too loud.
Performance wise, they all work great. Again, the Kerkers are a great mid/up reange muffler, the SE are more bottom/mid oriented.

hekkies
04-14-2009, 12:51 PM
@ Jwells

Is the part number 100-7580 for the kerker and 100-7857 for the Mikuniprice in the online catalog and the mentioned price each or is it for a pair?

And is it possible to ship worldwide when I order online? Or do I have to look for a local dealer?

Thanx

hugger
04-21-2009, 03:43 PM
@ Jwells

Is the part number 100-7580 for the kerker and 100-7857 for the Mikuniprice in the online catalog and the mentioned price each or is it for a pair?

And is it possible to ship worldwide when I order online? Or do I have to look for a local dealer?

Thanx

The Kerker baffles are priced as EACH. You can look for a dealer in your area or you can email SuperTrapp hugger@supertrapp.com
and they can be shipped any where worldwide!