PDA

View Full Version : Rattling Supertrapp, missing bolt

CRH
03-26-2009, 11:54 AM
In the fall, I bought a (used) '06 BMW F650GS, with a Supertrapp installed. I'm not sure exactly which model it is, as I can't find it on the site.

I noticed a rattling noise recently, and discovered I have a bolt missing (see attachments).

What does that bolt do, and what size is it? I haven't disassembled anything yet, as I thought I'd ask here to get a sense of what I'm up against.

Can someone help me identify which model I have, and point me in a direction to find instructions?

Thanks,
clay.

hugger
03-26-2009, 01:33 PM
In the fall, I bought a (used) '06 BMW F650GS, with a Supertrapp installed. I'm not sure exactly which model it is, as I can't find it on the site.

I noticed a rattling noise recently, and discovered I have a bolt missing (see attachments).

What does that bolt do, and what size is it? I haven't disassembled anything yet, as I thought I'd ask here to get a sense of what I'm up against.

Can someone help me identify which model I have, and point me in a direction to find instructions?

Thanks,
clay.

Looks like you have the SuperTrapp SuperLight Stainless Steel muffler.
http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=38

The screw that is missing is holding your core in the muffler. It is a 1/4 20 half inch long. I would not do any riding until you replace the screw, I can send one to you if needed.

Please email me directly and I will provide you with tuning directions. My email is: hugger@supertrapp.com

Hope this helps! Gerry