PDA

View Full Version : looking for performance

martens57
01-23-2009, 10:03 PM
I will be gettin a 09 ultra classic and looking to increase performance by using supertrapp slip ons. the question is which slip ons will give me the best perfomance?

jwells
01-26-2009, 09:26 AM
That's a pretty open ended question.
Depends on what your looking at for sound also, we have a number of different options, in order of noise/sound levels;
Fat Shot Slip-Ons-new not released yet, these are a disc based muffler and can be as quiet as stock or opened up to about the Kerker level. These are great all the way thru the rpm depending on number of discs used.
SE quiet, torque producing.
Kerker, moderate-great mid-upper range.
Megaphone-great all-around to upper rpm range increase-moderate sound level-depending on number of discs used.
IDS-great bottom-mid range increase-moderate sound-depending on number of discs used.
The question for you is what are you looking to get out of it, how do you ride it, around town or touring, solo, two up, radio, intercomm?

martens57
01-26-2009, 10:09 AM
That's a pretty open ended question.
Depends on what your looking at for sound also, we have a number of different options, in order of noise/sound levels;
Fat Shot Slip-Ons-new not released yet, these are a disc based muffler and can be as quiet as stock or opened up to about the Kerker level. These are great all the way thru the rpm depending on number of discs used.
SE quiet, torque producing.
Kerker, moderate-great mid-upper range.
Megaphone-great all-around to upper rpm range increase-moderate sound level-depending on number of discs used.
IDS-great bottom-mid range increase-moderate sound-depending on number of discs used.
The question for you is what are you looking to get out of it, how do you ride it, around town or touring, solo, two up, radio, intercomm?
looking to increase horsepower and torque but yet have a low rumble that is not too loud. I wil be riding 2 up with sound system and mostly touring.

Thank you for time and knowledge.
martens57

jwells
01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
I would have to suggest either the SE or our new Fat Shots (which will be shipping early March).
Here's a link to the SE; http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=43

martens57
01-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the info. It helped alot