PDA

View Full Version : transmission clamp touring supermeg

bigpete1
01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
i posted about the clamp that goes around front pipe at the transmission mount but somehow got deleted .do you sell a better calmp that fits around pipe and mount i have broken and changed the worm drive clamps at least ten times and need the pipe is only a year old ,thanks pete

bschultz
01-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Contact customer service for a heavier clamp.

jeff
02-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I talked to customer service (Gerry) when I ordered a new header and i was told clamp is still the same as always (hose clamp) and that they commonly break. I have broken several over the last 35,000 miles or so.

jwells
02-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Maybe some confusion, we do have a heavier T-Bolt style clamp, part number 011-2635 that can be used.
The T-Bolt clamps are a little bulkier and harder to install, but they should work fine and are substaintially heavier.
E-mail with your name and address and we'll send one.

Thanks,
Jeff

jeff
03-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I sent a pm with mailing info. thanks jeff the tranny mount has been my one complaint with an otherwise great exhaust.

jeff
03-14-2009, 09:29 PM
got the new tranny clamp today and while it was a little bit of a pain to put on compared to the hose clamp, it certainly is going to hold up much better. Ironicly I had to change my clutch cable so it was perfect timing. Thanks again Jeff