PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

crazy canuck
12-16-2008, 03:39 PM
I just purchased the Supertrapp Supermeg for my 05 carbed Deuce. I have a 95" Head-Quarters sport/touring performance kit. Stage 3 heads, Wiseco 10.5:1 compression forged pistons, decompression valves, HQ-6104 DTT ignition, DTT performance coil, 575 cams, 42mm Mikuni with the HQ carb tuner kit, Doherty machine powerpacc with breathers. My question is, how many disks would be a good starting point. Keeping in mind that I want a combo of not too loud and good performance.

Thanks in advance
Mike

bschultz
12-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Start tuning with 18 discs and the closed end cap. This may be on the rich side; however you can always add discs for more flow (leaner running).

crazy canuck
12-19-2008, 08:01 AM
bschultz,
I don't mean to be double guessing you. But I asked the same
question to Doug and Kevin over at HQ and they both told me that I
should start between 6 to 12 discs in order to get the best torque out
of the exhaust. I'm not particularly looking for high hp numbers but rather strong tq numbers. So I'm thinking of starting at 10 discs with the closed end cap. What do you think?

Start tuning with 18 discs and the closed end cap. This may be on the rich side; however you can always add discs for more flow (leaner running).

bschultz
12-22-2008, 06:54 AM
I think you should follow your tuners instructions; however I think you/they will find 6-12 discs with the closed end will be on the restrictive side.