PDA

View Full Version : New Discs for Old Pipe

DonM
10-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I aquired an old set of 2-1 Supertrapp exhaust. Instead of the Y pipe entering the collector, the back primary pipe drops down and is welded into the top of the front primary. I don't know how this setup compares to the newer 2-1 pipes.

To come to the point: The previous owner didn't like the sound, so he pulled everything out of the end of the pipe. It now looks like a 2-1 drag pipe. The pipe is 3.5" diameter. What do I need in the way of mounting bracket, discs and end cap to make this pipe work as designed? I don't care about sound baffles as I like a deep noisy rumble. I've run 2" drag pipes forever. Just need better performance for my new build. There are two parallel screw holes on the bottom of the pipe near the tip.

Thanks,
Don

bschultz
10-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Sounds like have a headpipe and muffler body from a 2:1 Internal Disc Series for a Softail. You will find component part numbers stamped on the headpipe (end of collector) and the muffler body (on the back of a welded on mounting tab or the inlet). These numbers will confirm which system you have and better assist us in determining the remaining components needed.