PDA

View Full Version : Muffler for a 2007 Polaris Hawkeye

firehawk
09-02-2007, 10:54 PM
I read a post on ATV Connection that someone had mounted up an IDSX Muffler on a Polaris Hawkeye ATV. It was SuperTrapp part # 835-1802 which is for a Polaris 800cc Sportsman ATV. He said he had contacted SuperTrapp about this, and they would be looking into it.

First off, will this muffler work with a 300cc motor? The only modification he claimed that was needed was fabing up a mounting bracket since the Sportsman muffler exits out the right side, and the Hawkeye's is on the left side..

I am really interested in this IF it will work, since there are NO aftermarket mufflers currently offered for the Hawkeye, and the stock muffler HAS to be choking the small 300cc motor.

bschultz
09-04-2007, 08:18 AM
I read a post on ATV Connection that someone had mounted up an IDSX Muffler on a Polaris Hawkeye ATV. It was SuperTrapp part # 835-1802 which is for a Polaris 800cc Sportsman ATV. He said he had contacted SuperTrapp about this, and they would be looking into it.

First off, will this muffler work with a 300cc motor? The only modification he claimed that was needed was fabing up a mounting bracket since the Sportsman muffler exits out the right side, and the Hawkeye's is on the left side..

I am really interested in this IF it will work, since there are NO aftermarket mufflers currently offered for the Hawkeye, and the stock muffler HAS to be choking the small 300cc motor.

Without doing a fitment on a Hawkeye we can only say that it may work, we're not sure. The IDSX muffler is an internal disc muffler which can be "tuned" by adding or removing discs. This muffler is used in applications from 350cc-800cc ATV's. The muffler itself should not be an issue. The potential issue would be the connecting inlet ID and mounting point.

firehawk
09-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Without doing a fitment on a Hawkeye we can only say that it may work, we're not sure. The IDSX muffler is an internal disc muffler which can be "tuned" by adding or removing discs. This muffler is used in applications from 350cc-800cc ATV's. The muffler itself should not be an issue. The potential issue would be the connecting inlet ID and mounting point.

Thanks for the reply. I believe I spoke with you on the phone today. He has it mounted up, and said it used the factory exhaust gasket, and springs to attach it to the headpipe. The pictures he sent me show the nice bracket he made to mount it up to the Hawkeye's mounting points. It clears all the plastic body parts, and looks like it was made for the Hawkeye.

Just to be sure about tuning it to the machine, am I correct that you said to start with 6 disc's? I'm running the DynoJet kit, and I believe it has the 146 mainjet in it now. As I also said I do not want it to be too loud, and would like to stay as close to stock db levels as possible, but open up the exhaust some.

Again, thanks for the information.

bschultz
09-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Yes, start tuning with six discs, you can always add or remove as needed.

maddog24
03-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Firehawk, I also have a Hawkeye 300 4x4 can you tell if the Dynojet Kit (really did any thing to improve the performance??) Thanks maddog24

bschultz
03-14-2008, 02:17 PM
When you start adding fuel & air you will need more exhaust flow, which is accomplished by adding more discs.