PDA

View Full Version : 2008 VRSCDX Question

ratdogmiller
06-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I just purchased the Supertrapp Fatshots. I was wondering how many discs are recommended living in Chicago. Second, will I have to purchase a PCM, and Dyno the bike as well as purchase a different airfilter? I understand that these modifications are not necessary due to the disc system that Supertrapp uses. This bike does have fuel injection. Thanks in advance for the support

bschultz
06-03-2008, 07:56 AM
We found the best performance with 8-10 discs (Cleveland & Chicago, similar altitude). Additional mods should not be necessary unless you choose to do so.

dmarcus
06-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi, I just got Fatshots mounted on my 08 VRSCDX by a local tuner (I live in the San Francisco Bay Area). With everything I read on the web, I suggested going for 9 discs (I have the stock air filter, not other mods). I love the sound of the bike, but something my Harley dealer mentioned about work needing to be done on the fuel injection map is haunting me... Is this required? Should I bring my bike to the HD Dealer to do it? Or will it run fine with no additional fine tuning there?

Thanks in advance for your support.

bschultz
06-05-2008, 06:58 AM
You should be fine without further mods; however that is not to say more performance cannot be had by remapping or a fuel management system.

spikey
06-12-2008, 06:26 AM
I have a 2008 Night Rod Special and live in Perth, Western Australia. We are at Sea level. I fitted the fatshots with 8 discs and the bike runs fine, but it feels that the headers get very hot (and they are blue now). The bike had about 330km on it when I fitted the Fatshots and I have done about 50 km's since.
Totally stock bike except the exhaust.
Any suggestions?
cheers
Hans

jwells
06-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Our test bikes were fine with 8-10. Not to say that the bikes you get down under are not different? How do the plugs look? If they look ok, then you should be fine.

spikey
06-13-2008, 05:29 PM
for now I run 6 disks - feels better temperature wise. I will go for a longer run and see. As soon as I get a spare end cap (need to order it monday) I will modify it to run an afr meter to end the guessing game.
Will post the results
cheers
Hans

LORD PEREA
07-29-2008, 01:00 PM
I just purchased the Supertrapp Fatshots. I was wondering how many discs are recommended living in PUERTO RICO. Second, will I have to purchase a PCM, and Dyno the bike as well as purchase a SA airfilter? Thanks in advance for the support:confused:

bschultz
07-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Install 8-10 discs per muffler and ride.