PDA

View Full Version : 4" megaphone 2 into 2

ultradan
06-01-2008, 09:12 AM
I just purchased the supertrapp 4" megaphone external disk 2 into 2 slip-ons for my 03 harley ultra.
I had the bike tuned on a dyno and they seem to make good power. I have two questions.
1. I really don't like the look of the closed end caps and the exposed disks. Each side is different in color and length. What if anything can be done to cover over the ends of the mufflers. If that cannot be done, what other options do I have? I like the performance gains, but I am having trouble with the look right now. I ahve thought of painting the end caps with some high temp paint. What do you think?

2. One of the advantages of this change is the lowered sound output. It is also a problem. While I like the quiet cruising and I think that they sould fine at idle, I don't like the sould during high speed exeleration. It just doesn't sould "harley" enough. Any ideas that would not effect performance?

Thanks for your help!

bschultz
06-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Take a look at our 4" end caps/TrappCaps on the Accessories page. While you are there look at the "open" end caps which will provide you with more sound.
http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=0

ultradan
06-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. With the 4" Exhaust shield, there are two options Part 405 2121 which protects 120 Deg. $19.80, and part 405 2360 which protects 360 deg. I was only able to see a picture of the first item.
What is the difference between the two?
How would these parts effect the sound output?
Is the price for one or for a pair?

Finally with the open end cap, will I lose any performance?

bschultz
06-03-2008, 07:15 AM
The attached link for Summit Racing shows a picture of the 360 degree shield;

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&Ntt=405%2D2360&searchinresults=false&N=700+115

The shield will have a minimal softening effect on the exhaust sound.
The price is for each.
The 4" open end-caps flow for 10-12 discs. If you remove 10 discs when replacing the closed end cap with an open one, you will stay at the same exhaust flow or "tune".