PDA

View Full Version : 08 VRSDX with Fat Shots

reesmicm
04-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Bob,

Reading the various threads, your recommendations state to use eight (8) discs with a stock air cleaner and no airbox mods. Typically, everyone first changes the air filter to a freer flowing, washable type such as a K&N or Screaming Eagle, then pipes are installed.

In my case I installed the K&N filter, but have the stock airbox (no holes or modifications). I just installed the Fat Shots. What number of discs will be a good starting point, less than eight (<8) since I got the aftermarket aircleaner or will eight (8) be a good starting point?

I want to avoid getting a SERT or PC until I can get it under my wife's radar, if you know what I mean.

Mike

bschultz
04-10-2008, 07:21 AM
You might want to start out with 6-7 discs and work your way up if top end is suffering.

reesmicm
04-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Bob,
Decided to pull the K&N and put the stock filter back in until I decide what to do to enhance the Fat Shots - SERT or PCIII.

I saw the dyno sheet you posted with the HP numbers on the Fat Shots, would you have the rest of the dyno information showing the air fuel ratios for these combinations. I understand these dyno runs were without any fuel enrichment.

thanks
Mike

bschultz
04-14-2008, 08:30 AM
That is correct.

reesmicm
04-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Bob,

What is the air/fuel ratio HD is using without enrichment? Does it change with addition of the FatShots?

thanks again

bschultz
04-17-2008, 09:47 AM
On the new HD "closed loop" FI system we found the A/F ratio to levels out about 14.6-14.7 (even with the Fat Shots).
During open loop/fuel enrichment (WOT) it jumps up about a full point.