PDA

View Full Version : Fat Shots on my 08 DX

dannyboy01
03-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I need a clear answer. I purchased the fat shots and spoke with someone at supertrapp and was told that i can run these pipes with 6-8 discs and no mods. Then on a different forum i was told i need to run 8-10 discs and run a PC 3 and have it dynoed. I don't want to hurt my girl but right now i didn't expect to spend more dough. Before i install them i need a GURU answer. Thanks Dan

bschultz
03-31-2008, 08:05 AM
We found the STOCK machine to perform best with 8-10 discs (per muffler). You can run less (may be a little rich) however; running more may get your girl into a lean condition. If it were my girl, I would run it with 8. If I was not going to have it Dyno'd, I'd pull and read the plugs. If they looked rich, I would add a disc or two, ride her and read them again. If they look like they have a good burn (tan), GREAT! If they look a little lean (light/ashy) I'd pull a disc to get her back down into the tan range.

dannyboy01
04-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks I appreciate your time..:D

dannyboy01
04-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Well i decided. I bought a PC 3 and will keep the stock air and run the ST 3 fat shots with 12 discs. I am told this should give me the best performance and help me not worry about running lean or rich. ????? Well

bschultz
04-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Sounds like a good choice.