PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Flhtc

Crank_Case
03-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Howdy : I have a 1995 electra glide and I have vance and hines true dual headers(they came on the bike) and I put super trapps disk system slipons 3" DISK. this is where it gets tough : the Harley shop done the motor on this bike, it is big bored ( I dont know how much .Maybe from1340-1450) they also put performance heads on it and a bigger cam, the names of both I don't know. this bike had this work done about 7 years ago ..they remember the bike and the work they done but not much else. MY real question is ..How may disk or can I use say 10 and leave the solid endcap of? I put in 21disk and the solid cap. I love the sound... Supertrap's are awsome.. If nothing else i will keep a check on the plugs

bschultz
03-14-2008, 07:39 AM
What is your goal? More sound?

Crank_Case
03-15-2008, 07:15 AM
yes more sound, I just put in new plugs and after 25 miles they are a little gray so I will be uping the jetting, can I go with an open endcap? my son raced dirtbike for a few years so jetting is no problem for me i was just wondering on this bike where to start.

elevation is 1240
80% riding on secondary roads 55-60mph
20% interstate
should I start by lowering the needle clip or bigger main
the bike is not realy hard to warm up so the pilot circuit may be alright

bschultz
03-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Before jumping into the jetting, set a baseline by "tuning" the pipe to your existing intake combination. If it is running lean, reduce the number of discs, by 1-2, until you get your plug(s) in a good burn range (tan). Then if you want more sound, remove the closed end-cap AND 6 discs, replace with an open end cap and remaining discs. This will provide the same exhaust flow as your established baseline. If you decide to jump into the carbs for more fuel, you know you will need to add dics for more flow.

Crank_Case
03-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I have a 180 main
45 pilot
needle clip is in the 4th position from the top +3 small washers on top of the clip ..I see no reason for those washers being there
so if I have 21 + closed endcap ..take off 6 and put on a open end cap. correct... 15+ open endcap for the sound right.

Crank_Case
03-18-2008, 04:59 AM
the bike does pop while trying to warm up it takes about a mile for it to straighten out.

bschultz
03-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Washers are used to split the difference between clip positions or an attempt to make use of an existing needle when it should most likely be changed.

Crank_Case
03-19-2008, 04:44 AM
i am going to put inthe thunder slide kit and i have open end caps orderd thanks for you advice.